Question

28mlawson

My credit score will not improve
I have paid off any collections on my profile, and opened a store credit card and a credit card through my bank where any amounts I put on are paid off within the next billing cycle-ontime. Its been over 6 months and my score has not improved by even 1 point.

No Biggie!!

The negatives on your credit reports caused by the accounts having gone into collections are going to remain on your credit reports for 7 years because they are part of your credit history.  After they drop off, there should be an increase in your credit score.

I hope you are only paying off what shows on your credit card statement when it comes in. That's the smart way to use the card and you won't be paying any interest if you do so.

Building good credit takes time and patience.  My credit score has not changed for several months but, since it is good, I'm not worried.  As long as it is not going down, everything is good.