Question

jbthenerd

My Credit Score just dropped dramatically for no reason. Why?
I have no open accounts of credit, the last one was closed and in good standing in December 2016. All of a sudden my credit dropped 90 points. Nothing has changed in my credit reports (I checked), all items that can impact my score show green except my total accounts. This is a low number, but that has not changed either. When I contacted the credit bureaus, they said that CK had show factors that impact my credit but it doesn't! All I see when i go to that page is more credit card offers!

Most Helpful Response

You have NO open credit accounts?  In other words, no credit, which is why your score dropped.  Read the articles to learn how credit works and why it is important for your credit score to have open lines of credit.  This certainly doesn't mean being in debt but having the means to quickly purchase something needed even if you do not have cash in pocket. When you close accounts, you remove available credit.