Question

ConfusedbyScore

My Credit Score just dropped 36 points on Trans Union and I don't know why
I have 2 Capital One credit cards, which provides access to their Credit Tracker product. It pulls scores from TransUnion (same as Credit Karma), and tends to be fairly consistent with Equifax (within a few points). I keep a notebook and I track all categories on a monthly basis to track my score.

I just pulled my score (Credit Tracker, Credit Karma) for the month of January and my score has dropped 36 points. I don't understand why. I haven't applied for any new loans and I haven't missed a payment.My on time payment history, oldest credit line age, recent inquiries, new accounts, total accounts, open, inquiries, etc. has all remained the same.

The only change from December to January is that my credit utilization fell from 4% to 2% and my mortgage balance decreased (by the prior month's payment).

How could my score drop 36 points?

Who knows.

Mine took a 26 point dip in late December and went up 30 points as of yeasterday. And my utilization was higher than usual because of holiday spending and paying for an upcoming trip. 

I did notice in my tracking that it did the same thing last year at the same time. 

I wouldn't worry about it and just keep an eye on it. After all. Your score matters most  when you are applying for new credit and does fluctuate.