Question

iPulsar

My credit score jumped up a hundred points within a month.... Somebody mind explaining this?
So, i havent utilized credit in anyway for a couple of years now due to some hard times and have 1 or 2 baddies on it... I just recently got a credit card again with an extremely low limit. As soon as the first statement popped up my score jumped from 560 to about 660? How is this possible?

It's very possible: New good debt trumps bad old debt (but not entirely).

--

My score skyrocketed after coming out of Chapter 13 bankruptcy; for five years I couldn't do anything credit-wise, so my score was 'meh'. As soon as I got one $500-limit credit card and it reported ~45 days later, my scores jumped an average of almost 100 points as well.

--

Just remember to keep your payments current and it should stabilize at that new score.