Question

alecia65

MY CREDIT SCORE IS UNDER 500 SHOULD I JUST DO BK AND START OVER
THINKING ABOUT BK, SHOULD I DO IT? I DON'T HAVE MONEY AND COMPANY DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH ME SO IT LOOK LIKE THE ONLY WAY OUT FOR ME RIGHT NOW IS BK, ANY HELP?

Most Helpful Response

Rethink all options before going BK.

Have you consulted with a BK attorney?  Usually, their initial consultation is free and many will give you other options (you'll have to do the actual work) to do before considering BK.  Remember, a BK will put a blot on your credit for 10 years. 

What type of financial issues have led you to consider BK?  I've done BK and only later learned other options that could have been considered.  But, I was desperate at the time.  You are not the only one dealing with companies who won't work with them. 

Get copies of all 3 credit reports from annualreport.com and go over them carefully.  Any accounts listed on those reports that are NOT yours, file a dispute.  Then you should receive a revised credit report within a couple of months.  Keeping your credit reports correct should improve your credit score as will a history of making regular payments on all accounts.  These are things you can do to improve your score now.  Find the credit simulator on this site and work with it to find out what you can do to improve things.  It's a tool to use and does not affect your credit score but gives you a picture of what actions will cause what result.  Very informative.

I'll be keeping track on this forum so we can address any issues you specifically mention.