Question

WhiteGuy3090

My credit score is dropping at a fast rate because of CCU? Can someone please explain the consept
My Credit Score was 730 and is dropping quickly because of credit card utilization. I understand that going over 30% is bad but it doesn't make sense that its affecting my score when I pay it off way before it is ever even due. Shouldn't this mean it is at a 0% CCU? If so then why is my score dropping?

Look at paying off before next statement

It is my understanding that the credit reporting agencies just take a snapshot of the CCU based on the closing statement.  So, if you show higher CCU just before or at the time of the statement being issued, it will not capture that on average your CCU is lower than what  is being shown on the closing statement.