Question

johnnyr860

My credit score is currently 524 how do I get it to go up?
Well aside from the obvious of pay off all your debts. Some of my old debts have recently been resold to other collection agencies. My mom has had to cosign a lot of things for me because I couldn't get approved for anything but now she's done so I need to get my credit score to go up as much as possible hopefully in a timely manner. Aside from paying debts off what is a good way to get my credit score to go up? I don't have any loans or any open accounts other than my checking account that I use to pay my bills each month.

You need to get active lines of credit going. Start with Secured credit cards if you have to. Maybe check with Capital One for a Secured card. Really you want three credit cards and one installment loan that all report to the credit bureaus. In addition to that, try to get the negative information removed from your reports via "pay for delete agreements" or "goodwill letters". That's just a little advice, but what your really need to do is to start reading. Read everything that you can about credit. Spending a couple of hours a day for a month or two should give you the education that you need to build and maintain good credit. The time spend reading is well worth it as it will help you for the rest of your life. For any specific questions along the way, feel free to ask and I will try to help you.

johnnyr860

The thing is I can't afford to pay off the debt. I have too much debt and each debt is for a few hundered dollars I cannot afford to pay this at the moment. To make matters worse I just moved out of state to be here closer to my family so until I get situated my money is tied up and counted for down to a T for the next few months. If it were that simple I would have been making payments on my debts by now but the money is tough. Is having 3 credit cards really necessary? I have only had one credit card in my life and the max limit on it was $100. It seems like I am trying to fix my credit in a very very bad time for me. I have next to no money at the moment since I spent it all on moving but I hope to fix this soon once I find work again. Once I can get situated I know I can get started right away but at the moment the most I can afford to open is 1 credit I am also not sure what an installment loan is or if I even qualify since my credit is pretty bad but I will look that. Also would it not be better to open a secured credit card with my credit union?