Question

AliciaJ7452

My credit score is a 586 and I need a auto loan anybody ever been through this?
I need a auto loan. I don't want to go to a buy here pay here or buy a junk car. I have good monthly income around $3500 a month. I was looking to put down around $6000 to $8,000. Anyone ever been through this?

Most Helpful Response

Capitalone

CapitalOne approved me with a 585, (TERRIBLE interest rate) but I have decent car that serves my purposes (used-not a clunker) and I put $1000 down.  That was 2 years ago... My credit score is SIGNIFICANTLY better and as soon as I close on my house, I can refinance!  Yea!  Go to a used car dealership and be up front with them about your credit situation.  I don't hink you will have problem...

Toyota Finance

I got financed at through Toyota with a 623 credit score with $1750 down. (They gave me $1000 for my 2000 Jetta on trade and $750 for the student rebate program) Also for being a student it put me in the top tier of rates. I only make about $35,000/year but they still got me 1.9% APR / 60months on a 2014 model. Good deal.

Audi R8

im trying to buy an audi r8 that's about $100k, do i have any hope for this with a credit score of 586?  my income is over $10k/month.

Auto loan

With that amount of down payment you could get up for approved as long as u can prove income. I work at a Toyota dealership and I have gotten lower scores approved

Nonprofit Programs

Depending where you live you might consider using a local nonprofit organization for help with this. I know in New England there is and organization called More Than Wheels (http://morethanwheels.org/about-us) which is able to get people market interest rates (3-5%)  on auto loans regardless of their credit. It does take some work and time on your part, but the savings is totally worth it!