Question

Peanuttree

My credit score is 614, owe a new house and I want to buy a car next year where should I start?
To give a more detailed picture, I have a great payment history, my oldest credit card is 3yrs old, I got a cosigner for the car I have now and will finish paying on it early (by March next year), my wife and I have school debt, just bought a new car for her and, also purchased a new house this all this year. The goal we are working on is paying off all the cards which will bring down my Credit Card Utilization down from 78%. My question is what else can we do besides pay off stuff not add more debt and waiting? I've seen my credit stay around the 600s for a while now and I'm ready for it to move from poor to good, or even excellent. I would rather not wait passed next year on a car purchase because my current one is on it's way out. Thank you and thanks for letting me vent!