Question

CactusJack2009

My credit score is 590 to 633 depending on what credit report I look at. Can I get a mortgage?

Some FHA and VA lenders might loan to you at those scores, but you'll be paying through the nose each month in interest due to the far higher percentage rate you'll be stuck with. Generally, you want the average of all three to be at least 620 (for traditionally-built homes) to 640 (for pre-manufactured homes) before a reputable lender will set you up with a mortgage under FHA or VA. Conventional non-guaranteed non-government bank lenders will demand a score average of somewhere well north of 750, plus you putting 20-40% of the purchase price down at closing before they'll even give you the time of day, let alone a mortgage. Given this, if I were you I'd work on bringing my credit scores up to at least 675 or better, and then maybe think about a VA (if you're a veteran) or FHA (if you're not).