Question

Noel14

My credit score is 563, w/ 2 accounts in collections adding up to 1300. How can I raise my score?
I am not sure whether it is best to pay off these collections or if I leave them and work with what I have right now. I have one car loan that I have never missed a payment on and no credit cards since the two have closed. I am too afraid to apply for a new card bc I do not want my score to lower any more.

You have 2 accounts in collections and a 563 credit score. These items severely diminish your chances of being approved for almost anything. Secured cards are your best chances here. I strongly recommend that you first and foremost appropriately handle those collections and then worry about your credit score later.