Question

Nyaisha

My credit score is 559 should I file bankruptcy I don't make enough to pay my school loans

Most Helpful Response

Won't work!!

Student loans are not dischargable in bankruptcy and remain collectable until paid.  There may be some payment options available through the student loan industry, but you will have to contact your servicer  to find out. They don't make such options widely known, of course. 

Arylda24

For my experience, if you file taxes and you don't pay your student loan, they will collect your taxes without notice. 

school loans

Student loans are only dischargable with proof of a disabling medical condition that will permanently deter gainful employment. Otherwise, there are deferments, or decreased payments.

school loans

I have been told by a friend that if you can prove without a doubt paying back the school loans would be detrimental to your way of living. That you cannot afford it then they may be wiped out. You would want to talk with lawyer about that option

You must have a great deal of debt to file for bankruptcy.  It is not used to increase your credit score, but to eliminate debt which with most people does increase your credit score ove time.  It is NOT, however, a fix all.

School loans

These may be exempt from a bankruptcy claim!

School loans

Don't believe you can bankrupt school loans.