Question

siriusadult

My credit score includes a CC that was in my fathers' name
I, Personally, have lived without credit cards since the 1990's, when I was ina a very serious car accident in Houston......back then, when I left the hospital several months later--I went to Consumers Credit Counseling Services--and THEY handled the credit card companies for me. When I was asked to return to my home in anotehr State to put my mother in Hospice and bury her shortly after, my Father asked me to stay with him and take care of him, rather than put him in a senior faciltiy---he had alzheimers, and had already beaten the cancer scare. He added me as an authorized user-----the card was in his name--why is it on my credit report as my debt?

It shouldn't be, but that mistake happens often. Also, the mistake of how your father (or you) added you to his account. Cal the creditor and request information about how that account is associated with you. You should try and work it out with them first. Once you dispute the item the creditor will likely not speak to you about it.