Question

frances1924

My credit score has dropped 101 points in less than 2 months
I have been off work due to illness and my score has plummeted. I had raised it over 100 points in the past 10 months and now it has dropped that much. I think it must be because I have used my cars more since I have not been getting full pay during the time I have been off. I am hoping if I can get them paid down, it will go back up. In some cases, it has dropped 40 points in a week according to Credit Karma. Credit Wise is the lowest score. Does anyone have any thoughts? It has happened so fast, I am shocked.

Credit Card Utilization. If you are running your cards up and it was reported to the credit bureaus then yes that will cause it. The good news is that damage from high credit card utilization is not permanent, your scores will come back up after you get your utilization back down. You start getting penalized pretty good when you are utilizing over 30%.