Question

AlabamaMagnolia

My credit score has dropped 100 points...HELP
In the last 6 months my credit has dropped dramatically. I switched jobs and I ended up missing one payment (30 days late) and didn't realize it until is was reported. That dropped my score down a good bit. The next month I paid online, but the following month I paid over the phone and for some reason the payment was never reported. So my credit took another 30 day hit. Needless to say, my credit took a plunge, which in turn made on of my other credit card decrease my limit, which also had a negative affect on my credit score. I would like to get my score back up to "very good" which is what I had before I fell into the "poor" category. I have been very careful about making sure my payments are on time since then, but my debt and utilization is kind of high. Should I consolidate my debt to a secured credit card? What is the best way to raise my score again?

You best bet is to pay down

As much as you can as fast as you can. 

Trying to open new accounts now will only hurt you score even more, taking longer to get back up there. 

Making those payments on time will make those missed ones have less effect  over time 

good scores are based on how well you manage your credit. Paying down your credit will do more  for your score.  Get into the habit of always paying your bills on the same day each month. Using auto pay  helps a lot. 

Good luck.