My credit score dropped when my student loan servicer changed?
Recently my student loan account transferred from Direct Loans to MOHELA. My credit score prior to the change was 753. After the change it dropped to 736. This dropped me from excellent to good. It seems as if it is treating this new servicer as a new credit account when in reality it is not. The transfer of my account which was totally out of my control has reduced my credit score according to credit karma. Are the numbers that credit karma is using come directly from the credit agencies and if so then do I have to dispute this with the credit agencies?