Question

JumpingJellyfish

My credit score dropped 99 points after paying off a student loan. Is this normal?
My score went from 728 to 629. On Credit Karma's report card I have all A's and one D in age of credit history.

In December I paid off a 10,000 student loan. Is it normal for my score to drop so drastically? Will it come back up?

Thanks!

There is usually a drop in your score

When theres a ajor change.  It should bounce back.  You may need to open some new lines of credit for it to get back to where it was.  

Same here

Only in America can paying off a loan decrease your credit scores.  I have financed my last item.  CCs will soon be cancelled, almost have enough to buy a house outright.  Only thing left will be car payment which once paid off, I'll only pay in cash going forward.