Question

berenicerodriguez

My credit score dropped 50 points after store card upgraded to mastercard. What can i do to fix it?

That doesn't make much sense. Did something else change on your reports? If you have a solid credit history, check your FICO scores.

It shows closed with transferred remark. I also checked my chase journey credit score and the same thing happened.

Sounds like they closed an old account and opened a new one.  This would drop your average age of credit.  This really sucks when your mortgage company sell your loan every few years and makes it hard to get the average age of credit going up and not down.

In this case would it be better to close that account to make my length of credit history higher? I would still have plenty of open credit wouldn't affect my credit utilization at all.

No, closing the account is not going to undo any damage with FICO systems.

Nomadre

Some scores go off age of open credit, but most of them go off all accounts so in a few cases it might help your score, but for the majority it would only hurt it more, as it would allso drop your avaiable credit thereby bring up your utilization.

I have about 100k in open credit and currently using only 1000 of it and the card that I would be closing is only for 1000.