Question

berenicerodriguez

My credit score dropped 50 points after store card upgraded to mastercard
What can i do to fix it? Looks like they closed the account and opened a new one. Would it be better to close that account to make my length of credit history higher? I would still have plenty of open credit wouldn't affect my credit utilization at all. I have about 100k in open credit and currently using only 1000 of it and the card that I would be closing is only for 1000.

While closing the new account may help your Vantage scores that you get here, it is NOT going to help your FICO scores as FICO still factors in closed accounts to the "average age of accounts". That said, there is no point of closing the card as you cannot undo the damage. I hope you understand that the scores you get here don't really matter in the real world as most lenders use a version of FICO scores.