Question

Jessica0583

My credit score decreased due to an increase amount of student loans
This was in the notes. Between June 30, 2016 and July 31, 2016, your US DEPT. OF EDUCATIO student loan account balance increased by $129 from $5,041 to $5,170. I don't understand as I've made all my payments on time in full. This message or something like it is on all 3 of my student loan accounts. Someone please explain.

Just FYI

Approximately 30% of your score is based on what you owe. An increase in what you owe will negatively affect your score. Decrease the balance of what you owe and you will see your score go back up. Payment history is already factored in your score (which is approximately 35%).