Question

sporty90

My credit report shows addresses I have had and do have but 1 is not one I ever lived at.
I never lived in Illinois at the address they show...how do I get rid of that address? I have sent letters disputing that with no luck on having it removed.

If your report says that you lived in Illinois, then you must have and are probably just not remembering it. I am kidding of course. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites where you can dispute incorrect information found on your reports, for disputing personal info, you may have to call, you will be instructed on what to do during the dispute process. It can take several attempts to get personal info corrected on your reports, I went through this myself. Keep trying and don't give up, I think it took me four or five attempts before I got a rep to actually remove an incorrect name from my reports. Good Luck and have patience and be persistent.