Question

formeoly

My credit report is showing 2open accounts but was included in a chapter 7, what should I do?
I filed a chapter 7 and I have 2 credit cards that shows open accounts. However, the status shows Chapter 7 bankruptcy. What should I do? Is this affecting my credit report still showing open with a $0 balance and no missing payment, but was included in BK?

Most Helpful Response

It's the bankruptcy that hurts!!

Those accounts will be listed for 7 years because they are part of your credit history.  But I can guarantee that the bankruptcy will be hurting your credit score for ten years after it was filed.  I do suggest reading the articles on this site so you can better understand how credit works and how to begin building a good credit score. That is a major purpose of Credit Karma.