Question

efeaganes

My credit profile says that I applied to BRCLYSBANKDE, but I not remember doing so. Can you help?

Most Helpful Response

Priceline.com

Have you applied for a Priceline.com Card? This happened to me and it turned out that Priceline.com uses Barclays Bank.

Write a letter to your credit bureaus stating that you have no prior knowledge of authorizing such a transaction. That gives Brclybankde, 30 day to provide legit proof that you asked for such a transaction. If they can't prove it; it will be removed from your file.

efeaganes

I assume by "applied to" it means they did a hard inquiry?

Did you apply for anything, a cc, a store acct., etc... 

If so: do some digging on the net and see if barclays is further up the food chain from where you did apply.  I have noticed that more times than not, the name on the inquiry isnt the name of the place you thought you were applying.  Maybe Barclays owns the institution that you did apply to.  Also I have noticed that I think many institutions farm out the credit inquiry business.  When I got my last mortgage, the names on the inquires didnt match up with the places I applied, but when I searched the net about the names on the credit report, I think everytime I ended up seeing the name of the place I applied to associated with them.

Good Luck

Rich

Ok.  Thanks for all the help

Get your credit reports!!!

Go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all three credit reports, which you will look over very thoroughly.  File disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.  Check your reports annually because errors are not uncommon.