Question

MoneyMoney100

My credit limit increased by $1000 and my credit score dropped 15 points. What happened?
American Express increased my credit limit from $2500 to $3500 without asking me or needing my approval and as far as I know, they didn't pull my credit report. Nothing else changed. My total utilization has been around 20-30% for the past few months. I think this past month, when the score dropped, my utilization was at 28%, which shouldn't be too high. I have 100% on-time payments. Why would my score drop 15 points? The only report of a credit check is several months ago, around March I think.

Increase in credit limits helps your score because in increases your utilization.  So there must be another reason for your score to drop.  Sorry I can't tell you why your score dropped, I would need to see last two month's worth of full credit reports to give you an answer.