Question

Zackboy

My credit karma score is 732, what chance for mortgage of 160,000.00?
Looking to buy home in Florida, have Chap 7 in 2014, CK score is 732. What are my chance to get mortgage of 160,000.00. I am retired with income of $51,000.00

Most Helpful Response

First, Let me point out

That there ae over 300 scoring models in use in the US today.  Mortgage companies rartely use FICO scores and generally have an In-house credit department that will generate a credit score for a new loan.  So a score of 732 on CK is not a real indicator of what kind of score you would get with the lender.  They weigh the factors in your score differently than a FICO score which is basicly on the last 2 years of your finances.

In general, I'd say that your chances are fairly good if you have a sufficent down payment and if the Chapter 7 has been resolved.  I would suggest that you contact a mortgage banker with your bank and ask about "Pre-Qualifing" for the mortgage so that you have an idea of what would happen in advance.