Question

tlamason

My credit card is not reporting my new lower balances (2 mos.) to the credit bureaus. What can I do?
I have a secured credit card that I was using for gas and paying off each month. I saw that my credit usage being high even though I was paying it off every month.

I have since kept my balance at 0 or near 0 (my last to statements were $0), but my credit card is still reporting my last high balance from 3 months ago. There has been no change reported since I started keeping my balance low.

It could be a glitch on the Credit Karma end, so I would advise that you get your credit reports directly from the credit bureaus and see if they have been updated. If they have not been updated then you may want to contact the credit card company and ask them for an update. Regardless of whether you pay a card off each month or not it does not mean that you will have a zero balance reported. If you have a large balance when the credit card account is reported to the credit bureaus, that is what will be shown on your reports, even if you soon after the reporting pay the card off. I hope my explanation wasn't too confusing, I probably could have done a little better here.