Question

vettechgirl

My credit card company has not responded in writing to an unauthorized charge dispute. What now?
I discovered I had two unauthorized charges on my credit card. They were both from a ticket vendor located in the United Kingdom. I immediately mailed a dispute letter per the instructions on my credit card's website. I called the vendor but due to the time difference have been unable to get ahold of anyone. I called my credit card company & notified them. I was issued a new card & was told I had to keep paying my minimum balance. I reminded the woman I talked to about the Fair Billing Practice Act, then she decided I "probably" didn't have to pay & that I was required to call the Fraud Department in 10 days. I have called the fraud department numerous times, leaving the best times to call me. They have called me twice during times I have notified them I am at work. When I call back I am automatically kicked to a voicemail. When I call customer service they never have any information & transfer me to the same voicemail. It has been approximately 37 days today since my certified mail receipt says they received my letter. I was notified I was charged a late payment (my balance was only what I am disputing) & in one of my voicemails I mentioned I was questioning the late charge & it was removed. Should I continue to play phone tag with the fraud department or report the company to someone else. If so whom?

What charge card? If it is a Visa or Mastercard branded card you can call them direct, or send them a copy of the certified letter. MC and VISA respond promptly to dispute items but you must be prompt in notifying them.

If you stop paying minimum balances you may find yourself with late payment on your credit report which will then have to be dealt with via the dispute process.