Question

marykat44

My credit card balances are paid off and the score has not gone back up
My credit card balances are paid off and the score has not gone back up. Why is this? As well, the amount of inquiries do not match the amount on my records, is this some kind of game?
As well, the score dropped nearly 90 points when in that time period I had no time where any payment went delinquent nor were there any changes. The other thing is that I have not had any claims with State Farm in over 20 years in my housing and car insurance, why is THAT score so low???

Any time you pay off an account your score will drop.  I can't answer your question about inquiries, just be aware that there are soft & hard inquiries.  Soft inquiries are from your current creditors and don't affect your score.  Hard inquiries are when you apply for credit and they count for 10% of your score.  Your insurance claims (or lack of them) has absolutely nothing to do with your credit score.  To learn more about how your score is calculated, visit www.myfico.com.

PrimeRisk

Your credit score isn't impacted by insurance activity, however your insurance scores are radically impacted by your credit score.  A small drop in your credit score can translate into a huge drop with the Auto and Home scores.  A recent 14 point drop in my FICO score after buying a new car translated to a 64 point drop in my Auto score.