Question

wlt52

my chase card told me i could increase my card limit how does that affect my credit
I received a letter in the mail from my chase card saying to go on their web site and put in this code and I could request a credit line increase. How does this affect my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Increasing your credit limit is generally a good thing for your credit score, as it shows that people are confident you can pay off the debt should you utilize that credit line. Chase wouldn't have given you the option to increase your credit line if you haven't proven a certain degree of creditworthiness to them already. Increasing your line also means that you can spend more money without utilization afftecting your credit score. For example, you should use no more than 20% of your total credit limit so if your line increases, you can obviously spend more money. If you don't spend more money, your total utilization would decrease (since the limit increased). This is also a huge plus on your score.  The only reason you might not want to request for the line increase is if Chase does a hard credit pull on you, which could affect your score.  You could just call them up and ask whether they will before you apply.

Time?

Hey how long did you have the credit card for once you received this letter?