Question

KillmersGirl

My card was reissued due to a problem within the credit card company. Why did this lower my score?
My credit report shows one new card with a credit line and a balance, and one card that no longer has a credit line and a zero balance for the same company.
If there is a net change of $0 within the same credit card company, why would this cause my credit rating to go down?

Becaus of the Closed account.

I went theough the same thing when an account was closed by the bank because of suspected fraud. It only took about a month for my scorte to balance out again.  Personally i'd rather take the hit on my score for a month than to have to deal with all that dealing with fraud entails.

Good Luck