Question

Isaaclau

My bank closed my 6 yr old credit card account without letting me know. Will that affect my credit?
I just found out my CC account of 6 yrs have been closed my Bank of America, and I didn't even know about it! Will my credit take a hit because I've had it for such a long time?

What can i do to fix it?

Most Helpful Response

I'm sure you Credit Score will take a Hit.     

Was this your only CC?  

What was the reason that they closed the account?     You can always call them and ask. 

Isaaclau

This is my only CC.

I tried calling them and they said they don't know who decided to close it. So strange! I tried asking if they can reinstate it and they said no. But why would they just cancel my account without telling me?

Granted, I haven't used it much but it was 6 years worth of credit.