Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

nancyangus

My auto insurance score went down when my debt went down?
I would think that this would improve my insurability. Why is this?

If it makes you feel any better, over 3 months, my insurance score fell over 100 points, while there was actually a slight increase in my credit score.  I would be interested to see a "report card" for this score as well...

Don't worry about it.  That insurance score means nothing.  Mine says it's low (don't recall the #), but I have a perfectly clean driving record with +5 points on my record. (that is five points to the good)  I have very low rates.

Please read the information on insurance scores before you give bad advice. Insurance scores have nothing to do with your driving history. They are used in 46 out of 50 states. You can read the government report FTC Auto Insurance Score Report.

Review by
CK Moderator