Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

Chicken72

My auto insurance score dropped 57 points. If the negative hit is removed, will auto go back up?

Poor...Really?

On a scale of 150-950, I fail to understand how 821 is deemed "Poor".  I read the advice and how this supposedly works but the information is vague at best and unhelpful at worst.  Did this go down just because I obtained quotes from several insurers to see if I could find better coverage for the money I am spending?  I haven't filed a claim in over 3 years and my payments are always on time.  What gives????  Maybe this score is derived from age discrimination practices.

Thomas14845

Enter Your Reply:  I read the above and just a note.  I will be frank.  Currently my credit score is 776 +-.  However they often come back with not enough credit history.  Even through American Express indicates I have a history that began in 1989.  The reason I see is I worked for the government for many years and I had no actual life, I was not listed anywhere.  Nor did I use any of my credit cards from 1999 to 2010.  I reopened my credit profile in 2010  and that is what they see.  For the most part I have all of the recommended credit cards and auto loan.  Most of the time it is ok, but sometimes creditors who see the blank history.

The auto insurance score is useless in my opinion.  I have A+ credit and vantage scores, but my auto insurance score is poor.  Yet, the insurance company gives me extremely low rates so I don't think they use it. 

auto insurance

Why did my auto insurance drop 57 pts.? I changed insurance companies. I am paid up with them. I am really confused on this one. I owe no money to the other company.

Please read the articles (see left side of page) so you can learn about the scores and how to build and maintain a good credit score.  That is what this site is for.  It's an interactive, online educational tool for education on credit, which too many people do not understand.