Question

findout12

my auto ins rating dropped when I bought a new car, credit rating remained excellent?!
i bought a new car and my INsurance rating dropped a lot from that day on!. all my other credit ratings remained excellent, even with the one inquiry in financing the car. so all my ratings are excellent, but car insurance rating DROPPED DOWN TO FAIR? my insurance coverage didn't change, same insurer.. Have perfect driving history, no tickets, no accidents. nothing else changed , same address, same job, all other credit info excellent. Is there anything that can be done, like requesting the credit bureau to recalculate it? is it the credit bureaus that calculate it? Will they disclose the reason it dropped if I start writing letters? Because I have a new car, replacing an old car, drops the insurance rating? does anyone have any experience in dealing with this, if Transunion will recalculate or help or will it be a waste of time?

The insurance rating is statistically based on the likelihood of your filing an insurance claim and a brand new car (because of the outrageous costs) is more likely to have claims filed for damages to the vehicle than is one that is a couple of years old.  But that isn't affecting the premiums you are currently paying, so I wouldn't be too terribly concerned about it.