Question

Niharika26

My account went in to collections and the balance is now payed
even though it was not my fault. what is the process for the account to be taken of from collections.

A bit late now.

If you had successfully negotiated a 'pay for delete" agreement with the collection agency before paying it off, it might be gone now. As it is, the account has become part of your credit history and will remain so for 7 years. 

You may be able to place a short statement in the file of each credit bureau reporting this collection account, telling why the account became delinquent.  Some future creditor might give that some consideration. 

Niharika26

Thank You for your response....Let me be more clear that my account went into collections as it was not properly handled by my insurance and hospital but nothing from my end....I realized only when i got call from collection agency....do you think i still need to face it....please let me know if there is any way I could be helped here