Question

ctasich

Multiple Credit Accounts for One Online Account - Cannot link all
I have 4 student loans from the same company. On my credit report it shows 4 individual credit accounts; however, my linked online account only shows 1 aggregated account. Ex.

Credit Report:
Loan A - $4k
Loan B -$2k
Loan C - $3k
Loan D - 1k

Online account:
Loan 1 - $10k (i.e. sum of Loan A-D above)

This results in me not being able to link the online account to the accounts on my credit report. Anyone else ever have this problem? Is there a work around for this?

Most Helpful Response

Same Exact Issue

I have noticed that while some lenders' sites tend to consolidate all similar loans into a single loan package, others seem to provide a breakdown that is compatible with CK.  Wells Fargo and FedLoan Servicing are two that fall into the former category.  While it is relatively simple on their sites to see the breakdown, and clearly they are reporting them individually to the credit bureaus, it appears that CK cannot access this information.  I understand that it is a free service, but I would be extremely pleased to see this issue worked out.

CK - Possible Workaround for FedLoan

Credit Karma could easily add the functionality on their side to allow us to link two or more credit report accounts to a single online account rather than having to engage with FedLoan to obtain separate loan information for linking (although this would be preferred). 

I think this would be an acceptable workaround for most users purposes and will not skew utilization.

I too have same issue with FedLoan and trying to link multiple student loans so I am replying so I can get notified if they ever correct or provide a workaround.

Please Credit Karma - consider this workaround funtionality if you are monitoring this community.

Just use mint instead

It's been over a year of people reporting this with no response. CreditKarma obviously has no motivation to fix this or other issues with the site. Maybe they'll get the message when people start leaving for rival sites. mint.com gets this right.  I would recommend using that for a financial overview and coming back here once a month for the credit score.

Very Fustrating!!!!!

I just sent an email to the company about this so here is hoping that they will fix it soon.

same thing here. 3 loans in CK - 1 loan on my online account... i asked CK by email about this about a moth ago. never got  response from them. 

I have the same exact issue with my students loans which are managed through Mohela. I would love a fix for this to be able to link multiple accounts to one online account.

Same problem here. Online account shows a single account for 12k, report shows 2 separate accounts. 

Same problem here with Wells Fargo student loans.  CK any fix around this? CK needs to respond.  Unprofessional if you don’t soon...

Same problem over here for a federal student loan. Credit report has multiple loan accounts, and the online account is a single account that adds all the individual loans together.

jellybean93

Did you figure out how to connect all of them together? 

Still not fixed...

I guess students who don't have a long credit history or tons of $$$ to spend on their advertised financial products aren't a prime concern for CK.