Question

tonyinfind

multiple collection agencies for one account???
I have a time warner bill from about 4 years ago for 288.00 they were paid in full however I have 3 collection agency's listed on my report 1)has a zero balance 2nd) has a balance of 298 3rd)has a balance of 288 I made payment to timewarner what should I do to remove the others off my CR?

Most Helpful Response

File a dispute at the Websites

File a dispute.  At the Websites for each of the Credit Bureaus find a link for "File A Dispute"  it's simple and only takes a few minutes. file a dispute for each item on your credit report that you are contesting.  Accounts are often sold over and over so they can appear on your report with different collection agencies trying to collect.  You may need to provide proof of the paid account so be prepared to mail copies of anything you reference in your dispute. 

Good Luck 

Write a dispute letter to the major credit bureaus reporting this: Let them know that you have duplicate accounts. They will remove it......