Question

Gtoninn

Multiple Balance Transfers
I currently have a 742 credit score with 10k in credit card debt. 1.5k on a Chase card with 13.99% interest. The other is a Citi card with the remaining 8.5K.

I got the Citi card by opening it and transferring balances from the Chase. 18 months 0% on new and balance. The zero expires in August.

I am steadily paying off the debt as best I can but I would like to continue not paying much interest. Would the aspect of getting a new card (and the higher credit limit total) and transferring the debt to that one, hurt my credit?

Keep in mind I am looking to purchase a home in the next year so I am trying to save for a down payment and get rid of debt at the same time.

What interest rate are you getting on your savings?  Certainly not as high as the interest rate on the credit cards.So why not seek paying off the debts first, developing a habit of paying the balance on the credit cards when they come due, then working on having a house.

FYI--houses are more expensive than the payments may appear.  You have the property taxes, homeowner's insurance, and the inevitable "thing that needs fixing" to deal with so consider the cost of a house to be at least 25% higher than the payment you will be quoted.