Question

porpison

Multiple auto inquiries not considering as one?
Okay, so about a month ago I went to a dealership and was looking at a car. Long story short they pulled my credit to see what loans I could get, but due to circumstances I did not purchase. The result was 12 hard inquiries on my credit. Now, I read somewhere that when this many are done (especially for auto loan) on the same day, they are not seperate, but count as one. When I look at my credit score and factors, my score did decrease by 10 and it says I now have 13 inquiries (one was there from a year ago).
Are these not going to show as one?
Are they only counted as one when applying for loans or cards?
Is this going to make it difficult for me to be accepted for future loans or cards in the next two years?

You will still see all of the inquiries, but they are only scored as one. If they would have been scored separately you would have experienced a much bigger loss than ten points. This scenario works for Auto loans, Student Loans and Mortgage loans ONLY. Whenever you apply for credit cards or typical loans each inquiry will ding your scores as they are not scored as only one.