Question

oregongirlinflorida

moved to a new state now old debt is coming back
I moved to a new state back in July, in the last couple months debts with last activities back in 2008 are popping back up with new collections agencies. It's driving me crazy. These are all debts that are no longer on any credit report and with each call I'm asking for a debt verification letter. I haven't heard back or even gotten the letters. Has this happened to anyone else.

When was the first date of delinquency?  Add seven years to that which will fall off.  Legally they cannot report after that seven years which I would dispute.  Now if it's past SOL depending on your state where you had the account, you can either offer to pay to delete if not leave it alone unless you're trying to get mortgage or you have better luck paying collection agency.  Just stay off the phone with these agencies.  They will lie through their teeth to get what they want.