Question

Piperjet2850

Mortgage was sold
My mortgage was sold fr one company to another a few months ago, with no interruption in my monthly billing. It shows on my report that the old one was closed but it has yet to reflect my new mortgage company. How do I get it to reflect on my report because my score dropped almost 30 points because of it. It has been about 2 months now.

Most Helpful Response

I had the same thing happen to me

It took about two months for the new account to show up on Credit Karma. My score dropped about 20 points and it didn't go back up to the original level for another few months....

I just posted another question (see link below), to see if the "closed account" status is an issue with the credit score, since technically the account was never closed, just ownership transferred....

http://www.creditkarma.com/question/if-your-bank-sells-your-mortgage-does-this-count-as-a-closed-account

Piperjet2850

thanks for the info. Makes me feel a lot better knowing that

darmom8760

Thank you

I got you beat...

...my mortgage just got sold and my score dropped SEVENTY POINTS!!!   All the way from Excellent to Fair.