Question

BrownHammer

Mortgage loan sold
A mortgage loan I was on with my wife (originally IndyMac) has been sold to Ocwen. We have been separated for 2 years, I've signed a notarised statement that released me on this account & did not sign anything concerning an account with Ocwen and have no access, but still shows on my credit report.

Most Helpful Response

Let me make sure I have this right.  You have a document from the loan originator (IndyMac) releasing you from the mortgage?  If that is the case, send it to Ocwen and the credit bureaus and tell them to take you off this account and to stop reporting it.  If IndyMac has NOT removed you from the Deed of Trust or Mortgage document, you'll have to now work with Ocwen to get yourself off the note.  If Ocwen doesn't cooperate, file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau online at their website.  Just Google the name.  Best of luck!

Mortgage loan sold

Thanks for your reply, it is a statement from my spouse supposedly taking me off the loan, that has since been sold to Ocwen. Contacted Ocwen, when prompted for last 4 of social, came up invalid. Credit union approved me for a VISA after seeing loan was sold