Question

rhondaschaffer

Mortgage is ex-husbands along w/Credit Cards. How do I get those removed from my Credit report?
The home/mortgage my husband was awarded in the divorce along with all the credit cards on my credit report. Basically my entire credit report should be my ex-husbands. How do I get all that cleared up?

Most Helpful Response

For the Mortgage,  You ex needs to refinance the house in his name only.   The Old mortgage will stay on your Credit report for 10 years and then fall off.   There is no other way.

As for the Credit cards,  If you are a authorized User you need to be taken off the account,  you might be able to do this or he will need to do it.   If the account was a joint account need to have the account closed,   If the account was opened in your name, and he was a authorized user then close the account.    Best to have the accounts all closed and everything starts over,  if any monies are owed on the credit cards until they are all paid and your name is still on the account they can still come after you if it goes to collections.

Good Luck