Question

Cheesiepoofs

Mortgage Companies & Hard Inquiries
I've been house-hunting slowly over the past 9 months. Different lenders will approve different things-my credit score has dropped dramatically from hard inquiries. I haven't purchased anything as of yet and it will most likely be another few months before I do. Loan pre approvals have a time frame, so because things have fallen through my credit is taking a beating. I know there's up to a 45 day window before you have to wait the two years to have it removed from your credit score. Is there anything I can do to repair the 26 point drop from the inquiries?

"... I know there's up to a 45 day window before you have to wait the two years to have it removed from your credit score..."

-

Not sure if I understand it right. Supposedly the inquiries you get with-in that 45 day window for "rate shopping" would counted as one inquiry for scoring purpose, however since your scores took a hit already, that 45 day window means nothing anymore and those inquiries will remain on your reports for 24 months.

The inquiries stay on your report for two years, but they are only factored into your score for one year.