Question

lordoflords1

Mortgage bank did a hard inquiry without informing/permission to keep pre-approval active
About 4 months ago, I had pre-approval for my home mortgage from the bank as this bank was preferred lender for under construction home. I recently went to bank to talk about ongoing interest rate and whether I should lock now or wait till closing which is about 2-3 months away.

Representative told me to wait till the closing and I came back. She told me that they had done a soft inquiry on my credit again. However, I see a hard inquiry on my report now. On asking again, they say, yes, we had done Hard Inquiry to keep your application current.

i am little tight on credit score and can't afford to have multiple hard inquiries (3 for home loan?) as by closing this credit score will expire.I had not authorized this inquiry and it was done without my permission. I had authorized them 4 months ago but not this time.

I will appreciate any suggestion what should I do in this case.

Doesn't matter.  They had permissible purpose per the FCRA.  If one inquiry is a problem then you have bigger issues that you need to address with your credit profile.