Question

2dover2013

Mortgage Applications Counted Against Me
Hello and Thanks for your time. I recently refinanced my mortgage (which doesn't even show on Credit Kama, in spite of it being 10 years old- another story). I read story, after story, after story stating that mortgage applications did not count against your credit file if done within a 2-4 week period. I had mine done within a 7 day period and now ALL of them show up on my file. I am not "desperate" for credit, I was rate and closing cost shopping.
What is that about and why so much mis-information?

They will all be shown on your credit report, BUT they are only scored as one inquiry when the inquiries are coded correctly by  the lenders. You don't have misinformation just a misunderstanding of the information.