Question

millicent2015

Mortgage after Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
My husband and I have an opportunity to buy the house that we are currently renting... He is VA eligible but we would like to both be on the loan...
My Ch 7 Bankruptcy was discharged in July 2013. I'm aware that most loans will require a 2 year waiting period...
My questions is: When will be the best time to start looking for a loan? Does anyone have experience with a mortgage after bankruptcy? Which banks would be most likely to work with me?

Ideally, it would be a bank that does VA loans and is willing to work with my post-bankruptcy. Please comment if you have experience with this. Thank you so much for your input, in advance..