Question

BellsellsLV

Mortage loan has been modified and is just in my ex husbands name
I have an existing property with my ex husband. He did a loan modification on it in his name only and I deeded the property to him through the assessor/county recorder. His missed payments are showing up on my credit report. How do I get this resolved?

Two different changes required...

You didn't say specifically, but I'm assuming you signed a Quit Claim to deed the property to your husband.  This assigns your rights for the property to him, but does not remove your name from the loan.  Unless the loan was also modified or refinanced with the lender to remove your, your name is still on the loan and you are still responsible for payments. 

If you have the loan paperwork showing that you have been removed from the loan, I'd contact the lender immediately to get the situation rectified.  (Again, this is different than the Quit Claim that you have filed with the county).

Goodl luck.

Ex

I am in a similar position.  My ex did Making Home Affordable, only in his name and then went to county records and remove me from the deed.  I am still on the original mortgages.  I don't understand if he go a new mortgage through this program how I can still be on the originals.  Anyone out there?  Can you help both of us???