Question

imawordman

Missing Payment History
I have something that said, "1 Missing Payment History." It was from a car I traded in during 2004. The account reads, "Closed - Paid in Full." Is this a bad thing or do I need to do something about it. The "missing payment" part bothers me.

Most Helpful Response

Nothing to do here.

its part of your credit history.  generally accounts that are closed report as closed and when and why they were closed. 
The missing payment history is because that is only reported for 7 years after it is closed. That account is 10 years old so they no longer report any payments.  The "Paid in Full" notation nullifys any negitive effect the missing history might have.  Most of these account fall off your report at 7 years. so most likely its a file maintance error on the creditors part.  The benifit is that it increases the "average age' of your accounts. I have one from a closed Mervyns account that has been closed since Mervyns went out of business. they don't do the file maintance.  It has been on my report for 15 years.

The truth is that most creditors look much closer at the last 2 to 3 years of your report and wouldn't even notice the closed account.