Question

carottams

Missing accounts on my credit report
I have three accounts with one company. Two are closed and paid in full and the other one is open. Unfortunately, the company is reporting the two closed accounts to two credit agencies and only one one to the one other credit agency. No agency is getting the full correct picture.

I have contacted all three agencies to get the problem corrected but they can't pull in what is not being reported. I have contacted the company, with the three accounts and they claim to be reporting all three accounts to all three agencies.

Could the accounts be there and just be hidden?

Please advise how I can get all three accounts to show up on all three credit bureaus.

Most Helpful Response

The credit bureaus have no control over what is reported to them and creditors usually select only ONE credit bureau to report to because they usually have to pay a fee to have their accounts reported.  There is no way you can make the company you're asking about to report to all three credit bureaus.   You can find information about the accounts when you begin doing what smart people do and that's to annually check their three credit reports to make sure all information being reported is accurate. That topic is well addressed in the articles on this site, which I advise reading since the purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people about credit so they can have it working for them.